BOONDI KI SABZI
Boondi ki sabzi is the easiest sabzi / curry that you can make when either you run out of vegetables or you are really not in mood of cooking anything elaborate. Boondi curry tastes yum and goes very well with roti and jeeera rice both. There are two ways of making boondi ki sabzi. This one is simplest and requires just 10 mins to cook.
Serves : 1- 2
Total Time: 10 mins
‣ 1 tsp Jeera (Cumin Seeds)
‣ 1 cup Plain Boondi
‣ 1/2 tsp Red Chilly Powder
‣ 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi Powder)
‣ 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder (Dhania Powder)
‣ 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
‣ Salt to Taste
‣ 1 tblsp finely chopped Coriander Leaves (Hara Dhania)
‣ 1 – 1 1/2 cup Water
‣ 1 tsp Oil
How to make boondi curry :
‣ Heat oil in a pan, add the jeera. When the jeera begins to crackle add the dry masala – corainder powder, turemeric powder, garam masala and red chilly powder. Stir 1 -2 times and immediately add 1 tblsp of water. Adding water is necessary or the masalas will burn.
‣ Now add 1 – 1/2 cup of water and let the water boil.
‣ When the water begins to boil add plain boondi and let the boondi cook for 5 – 6 mins. During this time boondi will swell up. Occasionally stir the curry. Some of the boondi will break and that will provide the body to the curry.
‣ Now add salt but remember that the boondi has salt of its own.
‣ Stir well and add the chopped green coriander.
‣ Switch off the flame. Dish it out to a serving bowl.
‣ Serve your easy peasy boondi ki sabji with either Jeera Rice or with chapathi and sabji.